- 27 OctFree Social Media Online Workshop
- 12 SepYet another reason why tablets belong in healthcare
- 01 SepImportant Facebook Security Update
- 19 AugThe Social Media Rules of Engagement for Pharma
- 20 Jul12 Social Media Tips for Pharma
- 06 JulBayer Reprimanded for Promotional Tweets
- 02 JunCan Pharma Use Twitter?
- 25 MayFacebook Force Pharma to Enable Comments
- 18 MayCan Apps Diagnose Strokes or Cancer? Yes They Can!
- 28 AprCan Twitter Help Save a Life? An Inspirational Story
- 11 AprHow Pharma companies can get involved in social media
- 11 AprApp to save lives
- 07 AprHow the iPad is changing the Pharma Sector
- 07 AprUK first to get Pharma Social Media Guidance
- 03 FebAre iPads the new detail aids?
Can Twitter Help Save a Life? An Inspirational Story
I’ve just seen the most amazing post about Twitter helping to save someone’s life.
The story it regales took place on April 25th 2011 when a man’s grandmother in law’s Aorta ruptured and he tweeted for help at 11:06am - by 11:41 she was on a life flight to Emory Hospital.
A truly inspirational story of a hospital which embraced the use of social media; and realised the benefits in being there to help save a patient’s life.
Combined Media is a leading independent interactive agency that specialises in web design and development. We create websites, e-learning tools, interactive presentations, applications and all things digital. Founded in 1992, Combined Media has evolved unique processes that combine the best aspects of user-centred design and technology expertise. Our aim is to create products that marry usability, design and excellent project management for our clients. Based in Dublin, clients include VHI healthcare, Roche Products, Novartis, ESB Independent Energy, RTÉ and Smurfit Kappa.