- 27 OctFree Social Media Online Workshop
- 12 SepYet another reason why tablets belong in healthcare
- 01 SepImportant Facebook Security Update
- 19 AugThe Social Media Rules of Engagement for Pharma
- 20 Jul12 Social Media Tips for Pharma
- 06 JulBayer Reprimanded for Promotional Tweets
- 02 JunCan Pharma Use Twitter?
- 25 MayFacebook Force Pharma to Enable Comments
- 18 MayCan Apps Diagnose Strokes or Cancer? Yes They Can!
- 28 AprCan Twitter Help Save a Life? An Inspirational Story
- 11 AprHow Pharma companies can get involved in social media
- 11 AprApp to save lives
- 07 AprHow the iPad is changing the Pharma Sector
- 07 AprUK first to get Pharma Social Media Guidance
- 03 FebAre iPads the new detail aids?
Important Facebook Security Update
With the recent Facebook hacking stories surfacing, every digital marketing employee will have been changing to more secure passwords, limiting the amount of admins etc, but have you opted in for secure browsing?
When you go to facebook.com, the address bar looks like this:
But when you go the latest social network, Google+, you see this:
Have you spotted the difference? It’s very simply that Facebook has ‘http’ and Google+ has ‘https’. Basically, Http (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol) is the way your browser recives information from a server. So when you Google something, it goes to a server to pick up the information and present it to you. The issue with this is that it’s not all that secure and people have figured out how to ‘eavesdrop’ on your information (including reading forms you send out with credit card details etc.). However, https uses encrypted communication (called SSL) between your browser and the site. With the increasing popularity of F-commerce and the amount of secure information processed on Facebook, it is vital for users to have a secure http.
To opt yourself in for https settings for Facebook follow these steps:
Step One: Login to Facebook and then click ‘Account Settings’
Step Two: Click ‘Security’ and then ‘Edit’ on ‘Secure Browsing’
Step Three: Check the Box and click ‘Save Changes’
Combined Media is a leading independent interactive agency that specialises in web design and development. We create websites, e-learning tools, interactive presentations, applications and all things digital. Founded in 1992, Combined Media has evolved unique processes that combine the best aspects of user-centred design and technology expertise. Our aim is to create products that marry usability, design and excellent project management for our clients. Based in Dublin, clients include VHI healthcare, Roche Products, Novartis, ESB Independent Energy, RTÉ and Smurfit Kappa.